Retail package for Shopify POS
If you are using Shopify Point of Sale to sell your products in person, you should consider if you need to include the retail package in your plan.
The retail package lets you manage your retail store with hardware integration, staff accounts, and the ability to accept various payment methods. It comes as an optional add-on to all Shopify pricing plans for an additional monthly fee.
When you add the retail package to your plan, the fee that you pay for it covers as many Shopify Point of Sale systems as you need — you don’t pay for each additional cash that you use in your store.
When to add the retail package to your plan
The easiest way to figure out if you need to add the retail package to your plan is to decide whether or not you are going to need hardware in your store.
Shopify Point of Sale only
If you plan on selling your products at a pop-up shop or a tradeshow using the Shopify Point of Sale app and a card reader, you use the basic Shopify Point of Sale app without adding the retail package. You can:
– Take payments
– Add cart or line item discounts
– Adjust tax rates for products in the cartmark orders as fulfilled
– Sync all of your customer, order, and inventory information with your online store using the Shopify app.
Shopify Point of Sale with the retail package
If you have a physical location and need to use retail hardware, you’ll want to add the retail package to your plan.
You can visit the Shopify Hardware Store to see what hardware is available for sale. If you already have retail hardware, you can use it as long as it’s compatible with Shopify Point of Sale).
With the appropriate hardware, Shopify Point of Sale, and the retail package, you can:
– Print receipts
– Store cash in a cash drawer and open it automatically by connecting it to your receipt printer
– Provide customers with gift receipts
– Create and scan barcodes
– Create physical gift cards (Shopify plan or higher).
The retail package also adds features that help you manage your store more efficiently. You can:
– Register shifts to track your daily sales and balance your cash
– Create PINs for staff to log in securely when processing orders
– Use the save cart function to retrieve a customer’s cart later without losing any order information.
The Shopify Lite plan is for anyone who wants to sell products without maintaining an online store, this includes selling on facebook, pintrest or any other type fo social media. Also includes the point-of-sale app, more details below.
The Shopify Basic Plan offers all the tools you need to run your business. These include all the fundamental base features which you see below, plus more, enough to get your shop off the ground.
The next level up from the Basic Package, more advanced features and tools to use to convert additional sales. Including free SSL certification for your website so your customers know their money is safe.
The most Advanced Shopify Plan which is aimed towards Medium-Large shop which deal with large turnover. Includes customer reports and abandoned cart features.